Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Fun Superbowl Weekend

We had a blast this weekend.  Saturday night, I cooked Crash Hot Potatoes and Speckled Trout Amandine, given to me from Cajun girlfriend Vickie.

I was torn between whether I wanted Denver or Seattle to win.  Peyton Manning is a local boy.  On the other hand, Seattle clobbered us a couple of times late in our season.... thus they earned my respect.

Shortly before the game, I chose SEATTLE.

I had a nice spread of food.  Dear friend, Goldie from Kentucky, sent me an 18 pound Country Ham.  This is an annual thing for us.  In return, I send her a Collins Street Fruitcake and a Paul's Pastry King Cake.

I made 2 different kinds of Deviled Eggs.... one with Balsamic Vinegar and Bacon. The other with ALOT of Garlic.  Both were yummy.

My potato salad was a take on a "loaded" baked potato.  I used yellow potatoes with the skin on, bacon, sour cream, green onions and sharp cheddar cheese.

Boiled up a pound of Colossal Shrimp which we never got around to.

Also had a couple different types of bread and cheeses.  My boys- Dom, Joe and Dennis were eating machines!

The boys did some target shooting.  We had fun in the Hot Tub.  Joe and I indulged in martinis over the weekend.  Pecan Pie martinis, as well as King Cake martinis....fun, fun, fun.














No comments: