Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend was Great!





We had a very pleasant Easter Weekend.  Watched our annual "The Ten Commandments" on Saturday night, and then religious movies all day on Sunday.

I did something a little different this year.  Instead of a Bone-In Leg of Lamb, I ordered a "Semi Boneless" cut.  I was shocked at the price, but was delighted with the result.  Much more meat.

I rubbed it with fresh lemon juice, plugged it with garlic, and topped with Rosemary.

Baked it on a "rack" of lemon halves.  Dumped in a box of Beef Broth on the bottom of the pan.

This makes a WONDERFUL GRAVY!  

Maw used to make a "Noodle Ring", but I don't have a bundt pan, so made a noodle casserole.  Egg Noodles, beaten eggs and a little milk.  So yummy, and it brought back childhood memories.

Served some asparagus on the side. Sipped on champagne.  Dinner was a great success.

Hoping that everyone had a joyous Easter.  Wishing you love, health and happiness!

Nan and Dom

No comments: