Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Fun Three Weeks at the Beach

Just returned home from PCB yesterday.  Had a ball.

I decided to explore on the way to the condo.  Had read about "Morrison Springs" which is located about 45 miles North of PCB in Ponce De Leon.  Pretty, but not as nice as our Gulf.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g28930-d672192-Reviews-Morrison_Springs-Florida.html



Pal Patricia came in for Labor Day, Hurricane Hermine visited and ruined a lot of holiday plans for visitors.

They have a big 3 day "Gulf Coast Jam" every year.  It was cancelled because of the weather.  The bad storms came Fri, Sat and Sun.  Double Red Beach flags were flying.  NO SWIMMING!

Patricia and I enjoyed the crystal clear water and went to The Firefly one night.
http://fireflypcb.com/






Keith and Lauren came over last week for a couple of days and a night.  We enjoyed beach time and Happy Hour at The Liq across the street.

Although Hermine didn't affect us with storms, (Patricia and I waited for her in a hot tub with no luck)there was quite a tidal surge, and the water became muddy.





On my last night, I got a couple shots of the tide "rolling in".  I'd only seen that once before.



So..... back with my dear Dom for a week or two, then back to the beach!


No comments: