Monday, April 29, 2013

A Tale of 3 Cats

This is Mimi and Jada.  We've had Mimi for close to 20 years.  She was the runt of her litter, and the friendliest.

Jada showed up as a tiny kitten a few years ago.  We live back in the woods, 3/4 mile from the nearest house.  It was quite a feat for the little girl.  She quickly became ours.

Unfortunately, Mimi DESPISED her.  Would attack her constantly.  It was frightening to watch.
Then, this guy showed up about a year ago.  He's a mess.  He's got thumbs and an overbite.  I named him Barnabas.  (He doesn't know how to meow, either...kind of grunts)

He shows up probably once a week for a night or two.  (I've got the feeling that he has multiple mommies....I'm jealous)   He's a little eating machine.  I spoil him rotten.  I let him in at night when Dom goes to sleep...he's content laying on the floor and watching TV with me.

He's a BIG boy.  Very affectionate.  Trying hard to fit in.  I absolutely ADORE him.

My girls HATE HIM.

So now.... the girls are best friends.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

No comments: