Friday, July 18, 2014

What a FUN Summer!!!!

It's been a Fun, Fun Summer, Gang!
I returned home last week after spending 5 weeks in Panama City Beach....which was a record.

Over the course of this time, I had 3 separate visitors.... Vickie, Amy and our daughter, Christine.

Vickie was the first.  We've been friends for probably 25 years.  She's a feisty Cajun gal from Breaux Bridge, LA. 



 We spent a lot of time, as usual, at the Beach Package Bar across the street.  That handsome "tall drink of water" pictured above is my favorite bartender, Jamison.  He spent his days off with us on the beach.  Also went to Los Rancheros one night.








As usual, the highlight of the week was dinner at Dee's Hangout.  Dee and Brenda have really got it going on!

It was great to see "My Kevin", as usual.  The entire gang there is great!

It's everybody's favorite stop...and the best food on the beach.  Check out the Pork Belly Burger and the Jalapeno Oysters pictured above!


 The water was fabulous.  We had no rain.  Just great weather.




 Vickie took me to The Firefly for my 54th Birthday.  Love that place!  Firefly


We had ONE HORRID Day, though.  Deep Sea Fishing with Captain Anderson's.  My brother and I enjoyed it last year, so Vickie and I thought we'd book a 6 hour trip.

Picked up our tickets, then went into the gift shop to purchase some Dramamine.  They were sold out.

When we got on the boat, we were able to get some, but apparently, it was too late.

It was the longest 6 hours of my life.  One giant PUKE-FEST.  Everywhere you looked, there was projectile vomiting.  I truly think that Captain Anderson's should have warned us that the seas were very high out in the Gulf.  This is something that I'll never do again.

Stopped for a bite to eat at the Marina Cantina, which is a very pleasant place.

No comments: