Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day at the Beach

Hi gang!

I trust that everyone had a relaxing Labor Day Weekend.  We went to the condo for 5 nights and had a blast.  The water was pristine.  The beach itself was MOBBED on Sat. and Sun.  Monday, it was like a ghost town.

I was on the beach everyday.  Dom watched his drag racing-  US Nationals on Sunday and Monday...for years he'd meet my brother and other family members in Indy for the race.  Now that he's in remission, I think that he'll probably get back into it.  I'm sure encouraging him to.

Found a NEAT local joint....just a short walk from the condo.  Conveniently next door to Coyote Ugly which has a great happy hour!  Dee's Hangout. http://www.deeshangout.com/downloads/DEES_MENU.pdf   It's a very small place with just a handful of tables.  We sat at the bar.  Everyone seemed to know each other.  Had a great time.  I had a dozen raw oysters, as well as a dozen baked with loads of cheese.  Dom thoroughly enjoyed a large smoked sausage po boy with grilled onions and peppers.  We shall return!

No comments: