Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Brother Ric's Visit to PCB

I'm embarrassed to say that I have no other pics of Ric other than the one in the previous post.  We were too busy beaching, drinking and eating to take pictures!

I drove in on Wed. June 29th.  Dom drove in on Friday July 1st.  We picked Ric up at our beautiful new airport, less than 20 miles from the condo.  (From our home to the NOLA airport is a good 2 hour drive....so 20 miles is like a hop, skip and jump for us)

The 3 of us had a couple of beers with Donn and Tina, then ventured for a sandwich poolside at our place.  For the next week, we were hanging out at the beach.  The water was brilliant while Ric was here.  I was so happy about that.  It's really hit/miss every visit.

We ate out all over.... Dee's Hangout, Montego Bay, Los Rancheros, The Firefly, The Front Porch.... surprisingly, I only gained 2 pounds and have knocked that off already.

Dom left on Wed...Five nights is plenty for him.  Ric flew home on Saturday.... the water was horrid.  Full of seaweed.

Saturday afternoon I had a couple of visitors.... Bonnie and Clyde.  Gorgeous orange eyes and seemingly friendly.  When I'd go out to the balcony, they'd "coo" at me....  They hung out until I left on the following Wednesday.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're setting up house as I type this.  

I had my annual bloodwork done this morning and a request to make an appointment for a colonoscopy in the coming weeks.  Afterwards, Dom and I had lunch at Applebees.... did their $5.99 salad/soup deal... great spinach salad and French onion soup.  I had two of each.  Dom had soup and sandwich.  Very pleasant afternoon.

Have to go to Dom's VA oncologist later this week.  Then, off to Tulane next Wednesday for a bone marrow biopsy.  Then back a week later.  Yikes.


Clyde 


Bonnie and Clyde

Clyde and Bonnie
Hope this finds all of you feeling well.... we love you guys!

No comments: