Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Something Old....Something New!

I had a DELIGHTFUL Saturday-

My dearest Southern gal, Linda, came over for the night. (Yours Truly has 2 "best friends".... Linda down here for 25 years, and Amy up in Ohio for my entire life).

Linda and I had had a horrid misunderstanding which resulted in 1 1/2 years of not seeing or speaking to each other. We'd been trying to get together for the past few weeks. The plan was for me to visit her new home and spend the night.

With all of this medical bullshit, I haven't had a chance to do anything, so Linda made it a point to come over here.

She arrived bearing gifts. A HUGE load of food from Cane's..... chicken fingers, fries, bread, cole slaw..... and my NEW FAVORITE, a bottle of Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. (More about that later).

Lin and I spent 12 hours laughing and talking, catching up on things. Honestly, we didn't miss a beat.... it's as if the past year and a half had never happened! It was really, really special.

NOW, let me tell you about this bottle of booze- WOWIE ZOWIE!!!!!!!!! We didn't crack it open until about 10 pm..... and put quite the dent in it. Gang, I don't even like Iced Tea..... or didn't think so, anyway.

You drink this on the rocks with an equal part of water. Talk about FUN! I need to find it locally. She's getting it by the case from a gal in South Carolina, where it's brewed. Keep your eyes open for it.... it's not cheap- $20 a fifth, but WAY KEWL!

No comments: