Monday, March 15, 2010

Test Results Still "PENDING"

Well, still no word from Tulane. As of Thursday, results were still "pending". *sighing*

It's been a busy, busy week.

On Wednesday, we had an appointment with our local VA patient advocate. She started the ball rolling on getting me medical insurance through the VA in the event that AT&T decides to drop retirees and their spouses. It'll be nice to have something to fall back on.

They also told us that Dom was up for a review in the near future. They designated him as 100% Disabled about 18 months ago. That will possibly change. If it does, there will be no free health insurance in my future.

As there is no "cure" for cancer, I can't understand how they'd change his disability rating. Time will tell- I'll keep y'all informed.

Feeling slightly let down, we drowned our sorrows with iced tea and Chinese Buffet in Bogalusa. Oink Oink.

Thursday was spent at Tulane for his infusion of Zometa. I gave our gals a heads-up with what's going on with the VA. Eventually they'll have to send info to the powers that be over there.

The Myeloma Beacon (link on the upper left of this page) is doing a 3 part series on CAREGIVING. They've seen this blog, and contacted me. (I was quite flattered).

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with the sweet gal who is doing the writing....Funmi Adewale. We had a very pleasant conversation. If the Beacon uses any of the interview, I'll post a direct link.

Don't think that I posted this update.... was all set to have blood tests done to confirm that I was a match for a baby girl who needed my bone marrow for a stem cell transplant. I was elated. Sadly got a phone call saying that because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, they threw me out. I literally cried, gang. From what I understand, people can go their whole lives after joining the registry (link upper left) without getting a phone call. I got that call in maybe 6 months.

So.... if this blog and the Myeloma Beacon interview can help anybody going through this, it will soften the blow of having been rejected as a donor.

Spent the weekend outside. I planted lettuce, a couple different kinds of radishes, pole beans and snow peas. Did alot of clean-up underneath dad's Live Oak tree. Stayed active.

That's my story. Hopefully I'll have test results later today.

XOXO

No comments: