Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Day Dinner

*New Year’s Day-  We had the entire gang (sans my Tony) over for Dinner.

As the Saints were playing at 1pm, I made sure that everyone showed up “AFTER 4:00”.  Pretty bossy, considering it’s not my home, huh?

Cooked a Center Cut Pork Loin, Country Style Ribs, Pig Tails  (Grew up on them…. Baked until super crispy), Sauerkraut, Angel Hair Pasta in Pork Drippings (picked this up from a Filipino client), Baked Apples and Mashed Potatoes.  This is our traditional NYDay menu.

An amusing story.... while I was cooking dinner, Blake wandered into the kitchen.  I sweetly said, "OK.... no little boys in my kitchen while I'm cooking".  He looked at me and said, "This isn't YOUR kitchen".  Little shit!  LOL.  I reminded myself that he was only 3 years old and didn't get into a fight with him.  *grinning* 






Much to my delight, I had all 4 great nieces and nephews
eating pig tails!  It started with Lauren, and spread like wild fire.  Jill and Jenna were astounded…. Never  dreaming that the kids would try them, much less love them.  I feel quite good about this and know that maw and paw were smiling down from heaven watching the feeding frenzy!





We did absolutely nothing on Monday.  I flew home on Tuesday morning.  We had a BLAST.  Thanks, Ricky!

No comments: