Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time for a Little Bit of Humor..... BEAR PROTECTION

This is why it is so important to defeat all gun registration . . . 
On Bud's Gun Shop Forum the question came up: What is
the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself from a bear?

A great answer:

My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta
Jetfire in .22 short.  Over all the years I've been hiking I never
leave without it in my pocket.  Of course we all know too the
first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy
System."  For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it
means you never hike alone.  You bring a friend or companion,
even an in-law, that way if something happens there is
someone to help.

I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law in northern
Alberta.  Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man
was she mad.  We must have been near one of her cubs. 
Anyway, if I had not had my little Jetfire I'd sure not be here
today.  Just one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I
was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.

No comments: