Thursday, October 25, 2012

Robin Roberts Tells Oprah She's 'Incredibly Blessed' In First Live Interview Since Transplant



Robin Roberts called into Good Morning America Thursday to update viewers -- and special guest Oprah Winfrey -- on her recovery from her bone-marrow transplant last month.
"It's Day 35," the inspirational 51-year-old said about the procedure in her battle with MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndrome), a blood and bone marrow disorder. "Thirty-five days ago, I had my bone marrow transplant. It is a journey."

Robin said she's "incredibly blessed to be doing as well as I am.
"Some days I do feel like I am 35 days old and can't get my head off the pillow," Roberts conceded, "but those days are becoming fewer and fewer."

She said while "it would be a whole lot easier not to be so public when you're going through something like this… it's a privilege to be a messenger."

No comments: