Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Delightful Visitor! My David!


Yesterday was GREAT FUN for Dom and I. Allow me to introduce to you "DAVID". I met this mad-man at the age of 13 years old when I joined the school's SKI CLUB. He was one of the advisers.

Along with teaching me how to ski and becoming my teacher as a senior in high school, he also had alot to do with developing my work ethic and my world view...... questioning authority, protesting the Perry, OH nuclear power plant, the plight of American Indians and such reading material as the Carlos Castenada/Don Juan series. (Yeah....David was REALLY POPULAR with the school board in Ohio) *grinning and rolling my eyes*

This Ohio boy ended up down here in an effort to help clean up the devastation caused by Hurricane Gustav a few weeks ago. Having done his "civic duty", he stopped here for the night on the way back home to resume his normal life.

Loved having him and begged him to stay longer, but alas, was not to be! Guess it's back to "normal life" here for Dom and I. Dave was a fun, fun "diversion"!

I can count on ONE HAND the folks that I consider a TRUE FRIEND. This guy is right at the top of the list. If you read this, Dave...... Thanks, honey...... I love you, man!

No comments: