Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE

Woke up to a balmy Christmas Eve morning.

Christine, Dom and I headed to Slidell to visit his mom and aunt. (I spared Ric the experience).

Dom promised me that it would be a pleasant 2 hour visit.

We arrived at noon. Let the fun begin! The girls started fighting immediately. Honestly, we hadn't even sat down yet.

After 15 or 20 minutes of it, I decided that I needed to spice up the day.......

I popped a beer and offered Aunt Lou one. Oh boy, oh boy..... She drank it with delight. Strangely, this made her get just a LITTLE bit louder, a little more crass, and alot more fun.

Lou and I had a second beer. *grinning* At this point, rather than fighting, the old gals just ignored each other and vied for attention..... even if it meant interrupting each other while they were conversing with us. This amused me. This was more fun than the sniping back and forth.

At exactly 1:58 PM, I jumped up and announced that I needed to get home and rattle the pots and pans. Off we went.
**********************************
The four of us had a very pleasant time at home. My dear friend Goldie in KY sent me her annual big-ass-delicious COUNTRY HAM. As always, it was ab-fab. Had sandwiches, a cheese plate, alot of shrimp cocktail and my favorite Christmas Eve dish.... my homemade CRAB BISQUE. This stuff is so rich and flavorful, that it's sinful. It's always a big hit.

Played dominoes, drank whatever we had a taste for, (I seem to recall beer, wine, bubbly, white russians and martinis flowing throughout the afternoon and night) had a blast!



No comments: